- awards tenure virtually automatically;
- fails to make evidence of student learning the preponderant criterion in teacher evaluations;
- lacks an efficient termination process for ineffective teachers;
- allows middle school teachers to teach on a K-8 generalist license; and
- does not ensure that special education teachers have subject-matter knowledge.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Today's mail brings the 2009 State Teacher Policy Yearbook, published by the National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ). Oklahoma's overall grade: D+. What are the major policy weaknesses which earned Oklahoma such a poor score? NCTQ says our state: