Most private school students participating in the Choice Scholarship Program receive a voucher worth 90 percent of Indiana's per pupil funding for public school. State law requires the remaining 10 percent be paid to school corporations.
Among Northwest Indiana schools, Hammond will receive $60,297; Gary, $51,688; Crown Point, $27,025; Munster, $14,550; Portage Township, $32,078; Duneland, $21,701; and Valparaiso, $23,268.
State funds pay for nearly 4,000 students to attend private schools.
Saturday, April 21, 2012
'Public schools to get voucher-created savings'
"Indiana public schools will divvy up $4.2 million in May, thanks in part to the state's private school voucher program," the Northwest Indiana Times reports.
Posted by Brandon Dutcher at 8:14 PM
Labels: Fiscal Impact, Vouchers
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment